Monday, May 3, 2010

My TechQuest Website

This is my website for the TechQuest. Please read it over and let me know if you have any ideas or changes. Blogsintheclassroom.weebly.com

4 comments:

  1. Heather - This is AWESOME! I think that it should become part of 812's references. I am marking this site for future use as I couldn't get through everything with a few deadlines still looming...
    Here are a few things you might want to tweak:
    "My TechQuest Website" heading is not an active link.
    Facebook is an example of a social blog and Twitter is an example of a microblog.
    The Code of Conduct link to Wikipedia is broken.
    Again - FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jeff! I really appreciate you looking at it. It should be a good reference for your school because I tried to target the upper level. After looking at your survey and the responses to updating the blogs, they might like to try a few ideas. I really enjoyed searching for student blogs. I was so amazed that my students were so proud of theirs that they sent links to their sites on Facebook. It was a fun project. Did you think the frog was dorky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the frog was "dorky". I think it helps to make something new a little less scary when you can make a joke about it. Maybe you could make it more entertaining by "blabberizing" the frogs so that they are having the discussion about blogs (http://blabberize.com/).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea! I can't wait to discover more tools like this. Did you happen to look at the resource using the icons from all of the tools as part of blooms taxonomy. I is under web 2.0 in the blog site. If I looked at it before these classes, I wouldn't have known any of them. We are now so tech savvy.

    ReplyDelete